1. Containers sent for recycling should not be _________, _____________ or gooey.
2. Which of the following is not accepted at the Recycling Centre? a) fluorescent bulbs b) gift wrap c) batteries d) paint
3. Is the amount of materials recycled in 2016 up or down?
4. Recycling Centre employees work at which City of Flin Flon facility?
5. Recycling one _____________________ saves enough electricity to power a computer for five hours.
6. Which community voted to support recycling in a plebiscite in October?
7. The community recycling program has been operating for _____ years? a) 15 b) 30 c) 24 d) 8
8. True or False – Computers and all the things that attach to them are recyclable.
9. What ‘twins’ appeared on Main St this summer?
10. True or False – Everything must be sorted before it can be sent for recycling.
1. Nothing should be drippy, Sticky or gooey when it is sent to the Recycling Centre.
2. b) It is impossible to sort recyclable from non-recyclable so no gift wrap is recycled.
3. Both. At the end of November total tonnage was down 15 tonnes but comingled materials were up 11 tonnes. More homes are recycling. Less materials are coming from businesses.
4. Flin Flon Landfill. This contract subsidizes the recycling program.
5. Aluminium can
6. Denare Beach. Free pickup begins on December 27.
7. c) 24 years. A semi load of paper was shipped in November, 1992.
8. True – Computers and other electronics are shipped to Exner Ewaste in Elie Manitoba for recycling.
9. Dual garbage and recycling bins.
10. False. Very little sorting happens in Flin Flon. Most recyclables are sorted in Winnipeg.