Every industry and organization develops a language of initials that those who work within understand but leaves those outside with questions.
Here is a little quiz
___ a) office paper that is baled and sold for the current price of $75./tonne.
___ b) Provincial grassroots organization of municipal officials, employees and recycling operators.
___ c) The local non-profit organization that runs the Recycling Centre in Flin Flon.
___ d) Half of all the materials collected at the Flin Flon Recycling Centre is this material.
___e) The plastic that shampoo bottles and milk jugs are made of
___ f)The industry funded organization that pays for electronics recycling.
___ g) Materials that must be disposed of carefully to prevent great harm to the environment.
____ h) The plastic that drink bottles and strawberry clamshells are made of.
____ i) The industry funded organization that subsidizes household recycling.
____ j ) the industry funded organization that provides free recycling bins for public spaces.
- 10 - Printer’s Mix
- 8 - Mb Association of Regional Recyclers
- 2 - Flin Flon & District Environment Council, Inc.
- 1 - Old Corrugated Cardboard
- 5 - High density polyethylene
- 3 – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- 4 – Household Hazardous waste
- 9 – Polyethylene terephthalate
- 6 – Multi Material Stewardship of Mb.
- 7 – Canadian Beverage Container Recycling Association