1. Where and when was the first recycling collection in Flin Flon?
2. The Recycling Centre has had ___ homes on Timber Lane?
3. Which volunteer offered to help in 1993 and did almost every day for the next 15 years?
4. What is the name of the recycling symbol with three arrows?
5. Plastic bags and # _____ plastic are not recyclable locally?
6. What colour are the bags used for curbside recycling service in Flin Flon?
7. Who retired last fall after 12 years as administrator of the Recycling Centre?
8. What percentage of revenue came from selling recyclables in 2013? 50%, 37%, 6%, 88%.
9. The best year for recycling was ____ when 500 metric tons (tonnes) was collected.
10. Who owns the Recycling Centre?
1. Paper for recycling was collected at Ross Lake Market Garden in November, 1992.
2. Three: # 7 from December 1994 to July 1996, #6 from August 1996 to March 2004. #9 Timber Lane is its current location.
3. Bob Fortier’s work is a major reason there is a community recycling program today.
4. Mobius Loop
5. #6 plastic including Styrofoam.
6. Red recycling bags are available at the Gas Bar, Acklands, Super K and Recycling Centre for $3.50. 2 more bags/boxes will also be picked up.
7. Doreen Murray was the third and longest serving Administrator, guiding recycling through many challenges and changes.
8. Six percent.
9. 2007 – The free curbside and business pickups were suspended at the end of that year as they were not sustainable, then reinstated with a fee.
10. No one. It is owned by the Flin Flon & District Environment Council, Inc., a non-profit corporation.