* A wide variety of items are collected for recycling at the Recycling Centre. Paper and cardboard (fiber) products, plastic containers except #6 plastic, tin and aluminium cans, glass bottles and jars. Sorting is not required. Check our website at www.flinflonrecycling.org.
* Containers should not be drippy, sticky, or gooey. They don’t have to be sparkling clean, but rinsing and draining makes a big difference. It prevents messes in your bin and at the Recycling Centre. Animals and birds are not attracted to them at your home or at the Recycling Centre. Paper products remain clean and dry when everything is comingled in bales sent to Winnipeg for sorting.
* We recycle batteries (except vehicle) and electronics including all computers and pieces, televisions, sound systems, telephones and microwaves (the only appliance accepted). A list is available at www.recycleMYelectronics.ca.
* The Recycling Centre collects paint, fluorescent light bulbs and thermostats for safe disposal. Check our facebook page, Flin Flon Recycling for pictures of compact fluorescent bulbs.
*Shredded paper needs to be in a separate bag. It can go in a bigger bag with other recyclables. It should be office paper only.
* Please remove Styrofoam from cardboard boxes as it cannot be recycled.
* Wrapping paper, tissue paper, ribbons, and Christmas decorations are not recyclable.
* Plastic bags, disposable paper products and coffee cups are not recyclable.
* We do not recycle ceiling tiles and other building materials. Check the landfill tab on our website.
* We have items for reuse at the Recycling Centre including wine bottles, 3 ring binders, file folders and plastic pails. Let us know if you need something else. A small donation is appreciated.