A short phrase that summarizes something important helps us remember things. We have several of these ‘one liners’ for the community recycling program.
1. Easy to Recycle – All recyclables can go in one bag. Shredded paper and batteries should be in a smaller bag which can go in the larger one with everything else. Recyclables can be dropped off at the Recycling Centre or in the trailer by Canadian Tire or picked up at your house. Denare Beach’s pick up day is Tuesday, Flin Flon is Wednesday and Creighton is Thursday or Friday. Flin Flon residents need to buy a red bag which pays for the service.
2. If it’s on the list recycle it, if it’s not, it is garbage – The amount of garbage that arrives at the Recycling Centre has been steadily decreasing, but we still get quite a bit. Check the pictures on the website at www.flinflonrecycling.org or the Flin Flon Recycling facebook page. A paper list is available at the Centre. You can request an emailed copy at email@example.com or call 204 687 6169.
3. I love questions – When people phone the Centre or stop me in the grocery store it makes me happy. People want to get rid of things responsibly and less garbage shows up at the Centre.
4. Not drippy, sticky or gooey. – Recyclables do not need to be sparkling clean but they should not be drippy, sticky or gooey. If beverage containers are empty that is fine. A half cup of laundry detergent or yogurt in their containers is not. Lids should be removed from items as much as possible. Labels do not need to be removed.
5. Recycling makes a difference.