Here are some tips to make it work.
- Only one bin is needed as it doesn't need to be sorted. Separating glass is helpful.
- Make stuff smaller. Open the bottom and top of small boxes. Step on milk jugs, cartons or pop bottles that have been rinsed and drained.
- Place the recycling bin close to the garbage container. Put a bag in the bin. It is easy to remove the bag when it is full and send it for recycling.
- Find something smaller for garbage. There will be much less of it.
- Drop recyclables off at the Recycling Centre at any time. Closed bags or boxes can be left on the dock. Place loose items in the blue bins. The lids are easily opened.
- Have recyclables picked up at the curb every second Wednesday. The cost is $3.50 which is paid by purchasing a red bag. Put the recycling in it and 2 more bags or boxes if needed. Leave it on the front curb on the Wednesday recycling is picked up in your neighbourhood. Uptown Flin Flon and Creighton pick up is the first and third Wednesday of the month. East Flin Flon and Channing is the second and fourth Wednesday.
Update: Creighton began providing free curbside recycling in May, 2014. The Red Bag curbside program is now every second Wednesday in all of Flin Flon. See dates for the next pick ups on the home page.