Every industry and organization develops a language of initials that those who work within understand but leaves those outside with questions.
Here is a little quiz
___ a) commingled recyclables mostly from homes which are sorted in Winnipeg.
___ b) Provincial grassroots organization of municipal officials, employees and recycling operators.
___ c) The local non-profit organization that runs the Recycling Centre in Flin Flon.
___ d) Half of all the materials collected at the Flin Flon Recycling Centre is this material.
___ e) The plastic that shampoo bottles and milk jugs are made of
___ f) The industry funded organization that pays for electronics recycling.
___ g) Materials that must be disposed of carefully to prevent great harm to the environment.
___ h) The plastic that drink bottles and strawberry clam shells are made of.
___ i) The industry funded organization that subsidizes household recycling.
___ j) the industry funded organization that provides free recycling bins for public spaces.
- - d) Old Corrugated Cardboard
- – c) Flin Flon & District Environment Council, Inc.
- – f) Electronic Products Recycling Association
- - g) Household Hazardous waste
- – e) High density polyethylene
6. – i) Multi Material Stewardship of Mb.
7. – j) Canadian Beverage Container Recycling Association
8. – b) Manitoba Association of Regional Recyclers.
9. – h) Polyethylene terephthalate
10. – a) Print and Packaging materials