- 4 day collection of paper into a Gardewine semi trailer parked at the Market Garden
- cost of shipping covered by donations, no financial return
- Shipped 13 tons.
April 1993 to November 1994
- paper collected one Thurs. and Sat./month (weather permitting) at the Market Garden
- Paper packed in small boxes for storage in used semi trailer purchased through donations and a grant. Re-packed boxes into truck for shipment to Winnipeg. Shipping costs covered by receiver, no financial return
- Shipped 45 tons
December 1994 – December 1995 - moved indoors to 7 Timber Lane
- open every Thursday and Saturday to collect materials
- purchased forklift and pallet jacks
- sold paper
- began collecting tin, glass, aluminum and #1 and #2 plastic and received subsidy through the Manitoba Product Stewardship Program to help cover costs.
- Provided employment for 3 persons with disabilities
- Shipped 50 tonnes of recyclables
- Municipal support: Flin Flon- $6,500.
- January: scale installed to weigh materials
- April: purchased trailer with bins to allow the drop off materials anytime
- May: 1st Annual Great Recycling Event, a fundraiser held at Baker’s Narrows Day
- July: moved to building purchased at 6 Timber Lane
- August: hired first paid staff person, Deb Odegaard, to administer program
: Purchased truck for materials pick up
- October: purchased large baler allowing for better use of space and higher prices
- collected newsprint, flyers, magazines, bond paper, egg cartons, paper bags, cardboard, boxboard, glass, plastic, tin, aluminum
- Processed 100 tonnes of recyclables
- Municipal support: Flin Flon- $65,000, Creighton - $1,000.
- Carie McIntosh hired as administrator
- May: hired second staff person in charge of baling, storing and shipping materials
- October: hired Driver to collect cardboard from businesses
- Trailer parked in Creighton and Cranberry Portage for a few days to collect materials
- 4 individuals with Disabilities worked 3 afternoons a week
- Processed 150 tonnes of recyclables.
- Municipal support: Flin Flon – $25,000, Creighton - $1,000
- increased pick ups of OCC
- Municipal support: Flin Flon – $25,000, Creighton - $1,000.
- Processed 200 tonnes
- Increased hours driver to accommodate pickups from 83 businesses
- business and residential survey
- First Blues social fundraiser – Brent Parkin & the Stingers
- Processed 223 tonnes of recyclables
- Municipal support: Flin Flon - $26,500, Creighton - $1,000
- recorded over 4,000 volunteer hours
- Residential pick up for fee set up for people who call
- Entered partnership to provide administration for Flin Flon Green Project
- Processed 242 tonnes of recyclables
- Municipal support: Flin Flon – 27,500, Creighton - $3,000.
- New position created to sort materials and substitute as needed
- Doreen Murray hired as administrator in June
- Processed 285 tonnes
- Municipal support: Flin Flon – 27,500, Creighton - $4,000
- 2 workers through wage subsidy program with Mb Education and Training
- Processed 298 tonnes
- Municipal support: Flin Flon - $27,500, Creighton - $4,000
- Piloted Curbside pick up in residential areas in Feb. became full service in May
- Request $25.00 per household to cover extra costs
- Van purchased with Community Services grant
- Processed 342 tonnes
- Municipal support: Flin Flon - $27,500, Creighton - $4,000
- assumed responsibility for managing Flin Flon landfill – Feb 1
- purchased new building – possession April
- processed 420 tonnes – largest year to year increase
- Municipal support: Flin Flon $27,500, Creighton - $4,000 DB - $500
- Introduced Sunday hours at landfill.
- Processed 455 tonnes
- Corrugated cardboard market collapsed in November
- Municipal support Flin Flon $27,500, Creighton - $4,000.
- Processed 495 tonnes
- 11 employees
- Grant for building improvements – Community Places
- Grant for purchase of vehicle – Lottery funds(Community Services)
- Municipal support, Flin Flon $27,500 Creighton $4,000.
- Processed 500 tonnes
- 11 employees
- Ended residential curbside pick up May 31
- Municipal support, Flin Flon - $27,500 Creighton - $4,000
- Required emergency funding to survive to year end. Flin Flon contributed an extra $6,000. Creighton contributed an extra $1,600.
- Totals – Flin Flon $33,500. Creighton $5,600.
- Processed 398 tonnes (first drop in total ever)
- Number of employees reduced to 8
- Ended general business pick ups October 1
- Introduced Business pick up fee to those who registered for the service
- Revenue for sale of product dropped, had to pay for some materials to be taken by mills because of world economic crisis and drop in price of commodities
- Initial municipal support – Flin Flon - $48,375. ($8. per capita) Creighton - $4,000.
- Required emergency funding to survive to year end. Flin Flon contributed an extra $7,000. Creighton contributed an extra $8,000.
- Totals – Flin Flon $53,688. ($9.19/capita) Creighton $12,000. ($7.98/capita)
- processed 239 tonnes (lowest amount since 1999).
- Revenue from sale of product was very low throughout the year
- Public meeting in April showed strong community support to continue the recycling program.
- suspended Corrugate Cardboard recycling June 1 to maintain financial stability.
- provided e waste recycling depot from May - October through Green Mb.
- reduced staff by one position - 4 staff working 35 hours per week. No wage increase.
- Municipal contributions - Flin Flon - $56,375. (9.66/capita), Creighton - $10,013. ($6.66 per capita)
- 243 tonnes recycled
- began pilot curbside pick up program in May for 4 months, extended to one year in August.
- provided e waste recycling program through Green Manitoba from May to end of October at the Recycling Centre.
- employees dropped to 5 by year end
- one trainee began December for 6 months
- Municipal contributions - Flin Flon - $56,375. (9.66/capita), Creighton - $14,509. ($9.66 per capita)
- Denare Beach declined curb side pickup for payment of per capita fee.
- 342 tonnes recycled which is the largest year to year increase
- Red Bag Curbside pick up established as ongoing program
- E waste collected from May - October through Green Manitoba program
- Municipal contributions – Flin Flon - $57,500. (9.85/capita), Creighton - $14,800., (9.85/capita)
- 382 tonnes recycled
- E waste collection is established as a year round program following renovations.
- Tipping fees were established at the Flin Flon Landfill July 1. Another staff person was hired as part of the contract with the City of Flin Flon to provide gate services.
- Celebrated 20 years of recycling with a social November
- Municipal contributions at $10.35/capita – Flin Flon $57,887.00, Creighton - $15,504
- 396 tonnes recycled
- Deb Odegaard was hired as the program administrator when Doreen Murray retired after 12 years of service.
- Stopped sorting most materials, shipping them comingled to Winnipeg for sorting at the end of October
- Reduced staff by 1 position
- 3 shipments of e-waste were collected and sent
- Municipal contributions at $11.40/person – Flin Flon $64,227.60, Creighton - $17,077.20
- Denare Beach decided not to contribute to recycling.
- Recycling Support payments of $618.00 were received from residents of Denare Beach and the lakes area.
- 413 tonnes recycled.
- Began dry cell battery recycling
- Reduced Centre staff by a half position (4.5 positions)
- Red Bags increased by $1.00 to $3.50/bag. Business pickups increased to $22.50
- Creighton began free weekly curbside pickup May 1
- City of Flin Flon purchased a trailer which was parked at Extra Foods for more convenient drop offs.
- Three shipments of eWaste for a total of 27.98 tonnes.
- Municipal contributions at $11.40/person – Flin Flon $64,227.60, Creighton - $17,077.20. Residents of Denare Beach and the Lakes areas individually contributed $762.00.
- 460 MT (metric tons or tonnes) recycled.
- 31 MT of e-waste recycled (3 shipments).
- 450 kg of batteries recycled.
- Red bag curbside recycling in Flin Flon changed to a weekly schedule in March. Route reduced to users only in September.
- Municipal contributions at $11.40/person – Flin Flon $64,227.60, Creighton - $17,077.20. Residents of Denare Beach contributed $207.00 and Lakes residents contributed $429.00.
- 442 tonnes recycled. Co-mingled materials from households were up 11 tonnes. Cardboard tonnage dropped by 13 tonnes.
- Co-oridnated 20 Minutes of Magic community clean up in May.
- Dual recycling/garbage bins installed on Flin Flon Main St to complete a joint project with City of Flin Flon and Flin Flon Neighbourhood Revitalization Corp.
- Began collecting paint, fluorescent bulbs, and thermostats for proper disposal.
- Denare Beach residents voted in favour of recycling in an October plebiscite.
- Two shipments of ewaste for a total of 22 tonnes
- Municipal contributions remained at $11.40/person - Flin Flon $64,227.60, Creighton - $17,077.20. Denare Beach and Lakes residents individually contributed $976.25